I love being a piano teacher and can’t imagine my life without music! I started piano lessons when I was nine years old and I’ve been playing the piano ever since. Music lessons were always a joy, and to this day, I still get the same feelings of pleasure, satisfaction and even exhilaration when I sit down at the piano to make music.
As a teacher, I want my students to experience the same feelings – to make an enduring connection with music and have those skills and enjoyment last a lifetime.
Tuition designed for you
- Personalised, individual tuition tailored to students’ needs and abilities
- Students learn in a relaxed, supportive and friendly environment, and at their own pace
- Play music that’s enjoyable and fun
- Experience a wide range of styles from Classical to Jazz and Contemporary music
- Students of all ages are welcome, including adult students with no previous background in music
- Instruction and preparation for practical and theory examinations offered
- Specialist piano teacher with over 20 years experience
- Piano lessons are given at my Studio in Waverley, Dunedin NZ
Dunedin has a rich musical heritage and many of my students have become a part of this, performing locally and going on to study Music at Otago University and further afield.
Free Introductory Piano Lesson
If you’re not sure about music lessons or whether the piano is the right instrument for you or your children, come along to a free, no obligation 30 minute introductory lesson to find out what it’s all about.
A Piano Teacher for all Ages & Abilities
I’d love to hear from you – no matter whether you or your children are complete beginners or seasoned players – so if you have any questions or would like to enquire further about piano lessons, don’t hesitate to contact me.
Teaching beginner students is a great privilege and I enjoy introducing my pupils to a wide variety of activities. A Beginner’s Journey outlines the skills, concepts and practical knowledge I teach in the first year of lessons.